13 May 2010

Relocation

I moved. It's the 5th time i moved since 2006. This time into an old pre-World War II bungalow.



The brown wallpaper smells of history. And I could almost hear the coloured glass whispering stories of the house and its past inhabitants.

The owner is a lovely generous German old lady in her eighties, who used to work as clinic assistant before she married a handsome gorgeous Pole (i assumed) whose first wife died of breast cancer.

I dislike moving. The amount of dust and dirt we have to clean, the thousands meters that we walked,and the energy spent on every single screws and nuts when dismantling and assembling 3 large wardrobes, 2 beds and several tables and chairs are disaster. The task seemed impossible, but here i am now sitting in my new room typing off my laptop. Of course i couldn't have done it without all my friends.

We did not record much of this unforgettable experience on Labor Day.
Here is a sneak peek of them assembling one of the wardrobes :D

Ich danke euch vom ganzen Herzen für eure liebe Hilfe.



Oh and we have got a garden!




2 comments:

junxiang said...

wow so nice d

Jia said...

...and my wardrobe hasn't collapsed :D